Has Your Legal Agreement Stopped Working?

Few legal agreements last forever. At some point, you will move or change jobs. You or your ex-spouse may get remarried. Children are born. When something like this happens, there are ways to change your legal agreements.

The Court Does Not Change Your Status For Just Any Reason

For a court to change your custody or support agreement, you must show a major change in circumstances. Examples include:

  • Altering your child support agreement when one of your children graduates
  • Reorganizing your custody agreement after a major move
  • Ending or reducing spousal support after a remarriage
  • Updating a combination of support agreements when someone is no longer employed

This leaves a lot of ambiguity. What happens when you have multiple children or you move an hour and a half away? Will the court change your agreements under these circumstances?

After decades of practice in Clarksville and on both sides of the state line, our attorney knows how the court thinks. We can review your case to see if you have a legitimate claim for an alteration.

Lawyers Who See Your Side

The courts in Kentucky and Tennessee look for major life changes when considering modifications to court agreements. But do you know what constitutes a major life change? Our lawyers at The Law Office of Brian L. Hill can help you determine if you should apply for a modification to your custody, spousal support or child support agreement. Give us a call at 931-320-9082 to find out more.